When I was heading out of the office this morning on Kimball Ave in So.
Burlington, I heard a woodpecker calling from the Pine trees.  I decided I
would check it out because it didn't sound familiar to me.  Perching on a
dead branch calling out was a Red Bellied Woodpecker.  Very easy to see and
watch.  So many firsts :)

So tonight, we headed into the backyard for a little adventure with the
baby in tote...  We spotted a female Common Yellow Throat warbler, a Least
Flycatcher and of course the one that got away.  It was small, vireo
shaped, it was flitty, two tone, creme on the bottom dark on top, no
visible eye ring, it made a soft breee sound.  We also had a our usuals and
a few semi usuals like a Baltimore Oriole and Chimney Swifts.

Mike C.
N Ferrisburg

http://vtbirds.homestead.com