Some hazy birding in Shelburne yesterday afternoon revealed the following.

In a field and along the north shore of Meach Cove (Shelburne Town Beach):
- 1 common loon who persisted in diving just as we'd get the scope on it
- A flotilla of common merganser adults and young numbering over 30
- 3 kingfishers -- very noisy and active
- Numerous tree swallows
- Approx. 8 turkeys
- Red-wing blackbirds
- Grackles

In cove to the north of Meach Cove:
- Several families of Canada geese paddling together and numbering 53!
- Many gulls, some of which I think were ring-bills, but were a bit too
far out to see clearly, including a number of immature ones.

Holly F. Hungerford
Vt. Public Television
88 Ethan Allen Ave.
Colchester, VT  05446