they sell suet feeders within a cage.  The grackles can't get to the suet
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: jessie
  To: [log in to unmask]
  Sent: Sunday, July 14, 2002 10:44 AM
  Subject: Suet and Grackles

  I don't mind feeding the Grackles seed and bread, but I can't afford to feed them suet blocks!  I feed suet for the many Downy and Hairy Woodpeckers and right now the young are coming and being fed by the adults so I don't want to remove the food.  However, the blocks are being comsumed by Startling and Grackles as fast as I can put them out.  Any ideas on ways to keep them off or offer the suet in a manner that they can't figure out?
  Mona Bearor
  South Glens Falls, NY