Well, said Bonnie.  I wish I had been able to attend the meeting and am eager
to hear about the meeting.   I thoroughly enjoy the JVT and look forward to
reading the articles.  By the way, The Journal of Vascular Nursing is a great
compliment to the JVT. (for those of us who are nurses anyway) Since I am
strictly vascular, I have little interest in other areas of ultrasound so the
JVT/SVT serves my educational purposes.  Although I know the anatomy and
physiology and the body, and the diseases process, I find vascular to be the
most rewarding area of ultrasound.  I have trained in echo and general
ultrasound but, I prefer vascular and this is my area of expertise. And, yes,
I have taken the home correspondence courses from Burwin Institute for OB and
Abd.  I have also read the echo home correspondence course that one of the
echo technologist had in our department.  I love the challenge that vascular
brings. I suppose this comes from my medical background of treating the whole
patient and not just one particular area  I think that every individual has
the right to choose which organization they desire to join as well as what
area of ultrasound they choose to pursue.
The SVU has put in many hours dedicated work on their journal.  I am sure
that the SVU would never stoop to degrade anyone else's journal  (as has been
done on here). If one does not keep informed of what is going on in their
area of ultrasound,  how can they strive to provide the best service possible
if you choose not to learn? I strongly feel that one should belong to
whatever organization offers their area of ultrasound.  There is no need to
join them all, just the one that will benefit you the most.
Brenda Strickland RN RVT