Monsieur Bertrand,

Je pense, vous avez raison.  Since my French is far less adequate than your
English, I will quit while I am ahead!  But I did want to say your thoughts re
the possible Violet-Green Swallow were very well taken - and very gently
presented!  I, too, worried about the tail length and the near impossibility of
a juvenile appearing so far out of range at this date. I believe the original
observer now leans towards the possibility of a hybrid, so nicely offered by you
as an explanation for the bird in question.  Also, of course, your notion of
partial albinism is very much to the point....

In any case, merci beaucoup for your very thoughtful and gentle reminders of the
hazards of identifying immature or juvenile birds so far out of area - and
season.                 Fred Pratt.