Had two males in my yard day before yesterday.  Have never had them
before.  Interesting surprise.  Have also had
a House Wren hanging around for several weeks.  That's different for
our area, too.  I live in Brookfield in a farmland,
open meadow, scrubby area with brooks and ponds.  Not too up on what
they prefer.  PG

Bryan Pfeiffer wrote:

>My two cents: While someone out there might correct me, and while I,
too,
>am uncomfortable with the notion of an immature Violet-green Swallow
moving
>such great distance from its typical breeding range this time of year, I
>suspect it's not out of the question for some members of that species to
>have begun migration by late July. Sure, I'd suspect an adult. But a
hybrid
>or a strange Tree Swallow are hardly out of the question.
>
>In any event, Wayne, I really like the way you portrayed this sighting.
It