I am interested in opinions as to why so many reports of these birds
this year.  I have two in Brookfield for the first time ever.  Seems
that more folks are reporting them state-wide.  Are these all tourists,
as Ted suggests? Bt the way, I wish to underscore all comments on
waders at Dead Creek Sunday.  I thought I was at Chincoteague Island in
Va! PG

Ted Allen wrote:

>For about the past week there has been a pair of Carolina wrens in the
>brush around my yard in Montpelier.  This is only the second time I've
seen
>one in the yard here.  The last time was in the spring about eight years
>ago.  These two are quite vocal and seem inclined to hang around.  Nice
>addition to the neighborhood.  I assume they are tourists.
>
>Ted Allen
>
>Ted Allen
>5 Allen Rowe
>Montpelier, VT 05602