You're right Dalia, it's a ludicrous arrangement.  We went round-and-round
with Oxford over the NCI Journal for months because they would not give us
a site license.  They wanted us to limit usage of the online to ONE
workstation in the library.  With that philosophy, why have access to it
online at all.  If users have to come to the library to get at it then why
not just keep the print.  We finally got through to them and are getting a
site license but they are definitely difficult to deal with.

Why a U.S. agency would pass control of its journal over to a foreign
publisher is quite the mystery.  It would seem someone at NCI is seriously
out of step with reality and makes flawed business decisions.

Tom

--
Thomas L. Williams, AHIP
Director, Biomedical Libraries and