Oxford is the publisher and also owns the copyright.  The reasons behind
that have to do, apparently (according to Rebecca Chasan, Exec Editor of
JNCI, Oxford Univ. Press) with NCI being "privatized".   Supposedly it is
"not the official journal of NCI" and has something to do with the all
articles, from NCI and other sources, being considered for publication in
this journal.  Supposedly also, not all articles published by NCI staff are
published in JNCI.   The agreement with Oxford dates back to 1996.
I was advised not to approach the publisher, since it will be useless, but
to alert NCI to our ACESS problems, as they "should be concerned".   I was
also given the following e-mail address for writing to NCI:
 http//www.nci.nih.gov/contact/form_contact.aspx

Dalia Kleinmuntz, AHIP      [log in to unmask]
Director, Webster Library, Evanston Hospital
Evanston Northwestern Healthcare
847-570-2664                   847-570-2926 FAX

Opinions expressed are my own and do not reflect those of ENH.