In case anyone's interested in reading more about "The Incredible Journey"
(the mettle of a Blackpoll Warbler), I wrote about it in a magazine article
about fall migration a few years ago, including the following:

"The fat contained in a single serving of Ben & Jerry's Cherry Garcia ice
cream contains enough energy to get a Blackpoll Warbler from New England to
South America. If it were burning gasoline instead of its reserves of body
fat on the flight, the Blackpoll would get about 720,000 miles to the gallon."

I've posted the entire article to my web site at:
http://www.vermontbirdtours.com/breaking.html#essay.

Even so, it's too nice to dwell and read in front of the computer today.

Going outside,
Bryan Pfeiffer

Vermont Bird Tours
113 Bartlett Road