I am very interested in photographing migrating ducks (ring-necked,
buffleheads, common mergansers, hooded mergansers, goldeneye, etc.)
somewhere in the Lake Champlain valley wetlands or Greens. (while I await a
first visit to DCWMA for snow geese). A canoe is the best way for a close
approach to ducks. I'm not sure if DCWMA is a productive place for this. I
would be most appreciative for any suggestions on a locale.  The main body
of Lake Champlian itself is usually too rough for a canoe so sheltered
waters are preferred.  Thanks.

Jeff Nadler