Rick Renaud and myself took to the ridge to count migrants on saturday
with a stiff north-northwest wind blowing many birds our way. Our totals
ended with 10 speices and just over 50 individuals in just about 3
hours. Here are the totals:

1 BALD EAGLE (juv.)
2 NORTHERN HARRIERS
3 BROAD-WINGED HAWKS
3 COOPER'S HAWKS
1 RED-SHOULDERED HAWK
3 resident REDTAILS
6 SHARP-SHINNED HAWKS
16 AMERICAN KESTRELS (including a kettle of 5)
8 OSPREY
~10 TURKEY VULTURES

The highlights were: an early osprey nearly on top of us, the red
shouldered which cut directly overhead and gave up the best red
shouldered views I've yet to see, one of the resident redtails carrying
a rodent of some kind around, then late in the day our last bird, a
coopers hawk, cut right overhead not but 50 feet away.

A great day all around. Happy birding all!!

Silas Miller
So. Burlington