Not being able to get out into the field for any hawk watches yet this year,
I was treated to my own personal hawk watch on Saturday morning.  A female
Sharpie was making an excellent breakfast of a mourning dove on my back
lawn.  I was able to observe her for 30 minutes as she plucked her meal
clean and then got down to the real business of eating.  She flew off with
the remainder of her meal as soon as it was small enough to carry.  Quite a
sight, indeed.  The only drawback was that my feeders were quiet for the
rest of the day.  She really created quite a stir!  :)

Jan Tebo
Monkton