------ Forwarded Message
From: "Richard Lavallee" <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Fri, 6 Sep 2002 22:15:27 -0300
To: "Wayne Scott" <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Missisquoi

Just to let you know......things are starting to look up.

A few days ago, I found 4 shorebirds at Dead Creek, Highgate.
Today......just under a hundred.  The lake is at 94.87 feet.
At 94.5 feet, it starts getting good.  There is no shoreline at Rock River,
and no mud, and no exposed mud at the middle and west branches of the
Missisquoi.  Limited mud at Dead Creek, and shorebirds are working around in
the high grass.

In addition to birds below, I believe there was a Buff-breasted Sandpiper
that I observed only momentarily with the Golden
Plovers as they took off and headed South.

Here's the day......I spent about two hours there just waiting for birds to
come out of the grass.

Pied-billed Grebe

9/6/02

Dead Creek