>Anyways, I remember skiing at
>Stowe once back when they had the old single chair.  Because it was so cold that
>day they had someone standing just in front of where you loaded onto the chair
>throwing everyone old green army blankets for the ride up.  When you got to the
>top you would just toss them into a big pile and someone from the resort would
>take them back down.

I, too, have fond memories of the Stowe single from my childhood.  Those blankets all had a hole in the center to pop your head through.  Actually, they shipped the blankets back down the same way they came up: on the chairs.  The downwind side of the liftline was always speckled with blankets in the trees that had blown off the downloading chairs.

--
-----
Marc Guido, Editor & Publisher

http://www.FirstTracksOnline.com/