>Marc stated

>I, too, have fond memories of the Stowe single from my childhood.  Those
blankets all had a hole in the center to pop your head through.  Actually, they
shipped the blankets back down the same way they came up: on the chairs.  The
downwind side of the liftline was always speckled with blankets in the trees
that had blown off the downloading chairs.

I can't help but think how a lot of people skiing today would respond to such
crude and inhuman facilities!  Old army blankets to keep warm, no
manicuring of the ski trails.  Ah, the good old days....