Well we're in monsoon season here.  Yes there is a drought though,
relative to normal years (and it's been like a three year drought or
sumtin).  But we will get intense rainstorms of very specific locality.
hail, etc.  because there are no storms drains in Tucson, the streets
flood significantly.  In a matter of minutes underpasses will be filled
with over 8 feet of water.  And whereever there are dips in the road you
get flooding.  Washes (dry rivers) go over roads not under them, and when
it rains, the currents can sweep away cars.

But it is hot, and maybe that's cooking the brain.  89 degrees at midnight
yesterday - with humidity.  I've seen it at 100 at 9pm.  I'm not expecting
a blizzard anytime soon!

Ben K.