On Tue, 3 Sep 2002 10:04:16 -0400, Marc Guido <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:

>>Heading up to Stowe just before Christmas and was looking for input on a
>>decent place to stay..motel is fine...nothing fancy needed... would prefer
>>something with a bar/restaurant  close...Thanks
>
>Stayed at the Golden Eagle last January.  Moderately priced (nothing in
>Stowe is cheap!), on the Mountain Road so the shuttle stops there, within
>walking distance of the blinker in the center of town

GE is nice place.  Nice pool.
You really want a car in Stowe.  Shuttle takes forever,

>associated restaurants like the one in the Green Mountain Inn, and smack
>dab right next door to Mr. Pickwick's Pub with hundreds of reebs and a
>killer wild game menu (try the ostritch medallions!).

Very expensive.  Food portions are getting smaller.
Owner is a jerk.  I went there one night with my wife to
play darts.   There was noone in the bar so we started playing darts.
All of the owner comes out and tells us we can't play darts because
"he is in the middle of a game with the bartender"!!!

>The Partridge Inn is also
>right across the street with a decent New England seafood menu.

A Stowe classic.