My parents actually met in a ski club in the 60s and eventually got engaged at Stowe :) ... I've skied all around Northern VT (including Bolton, Jay, Smugs) but for some reason have never made it to
Stowe there to ski...

I have made it to the Shed though, and can vouch that they have some good food ;)

Will

Re: cheap eats in Stowe, I always liked the Shed.  you could get a really good burger & fries for a reasonable price or something fancier and they always had kid stuff that my kids liked.  Since the
rebuild after the fire it is also a brewpub, which goes down pretty good with the big kids.