Jerm counters:
>Bah humbug.
>Dacks anorthosite is so grippy you could pour motor oil on it and
>still climb 5.10X slabs in Converse allstars.

Very possibly. All my slab experience is on granite of varying degrees of
inclination and slickness. The 10c smears on golden Tuolumne glacier polish
were especially enlightening. When you first apply weight on a step, your
shoe slides down slightly and squeaks as the air is squeezed out of the
micro-pockets between shoe rubber and stone. Anything on your shoes (dust,
chalk, sweat, etc.) can make it impossible. Doing this 10' above your last
pro is particularly exciting.

Here's a photo of an unidentified Daks slab:

http://www.gunks.com/w3tuserfiles/57321-Bees%203.jpg

-Marc

www.mchrusch.com
Direct link to my weblog page: