>From:         Marc Chrusch <[log in to unmask]>
 Subject:      Re: best ski flick ever

 They would like you to repurchase a DVD of whatever videos you have. <

There is probably a good chance that things like the Blizzard of Ahs will
be re-recorded on DVD, and if so I'll buy them.  The quality will probably
be better.  But I have my doubts that they will re-record Revenge of the
Telemarkers, or Schlitz on Mt. Washington, or any number of others.  If
there is no remake, my sense of justice says that I ought to be able to
transfer them to DVD.  There is virtually no market here and no money in
it, but we are talking about historical classics, a record for the ages of
the passion, commitment and skill of those who went before us.  Does
anybody _care_ about that for God's sake?