David Guertin [[log in to unmask]] writes:

>    Denis> No wax = no fuss, never being fast gliding _and_ never
>    Denis> being totally ineffective.  Wax = heaven if you get it just
>    Denis> right, hell if you get it seriously wrong.
>
>An accurate assessment. Nevertheless, I hate waxless skis. With
>waxless skis you'll never experience the "heaven" part. What fun is
>that? Risking damnation in Hell is worth it to experience the other
>times.

Ah, but with single-camber bushwhacker type skis you never really
kick'n'glide with double-camber efficiency anyway.  With the better
waxless patterns (read "Fischer SBounds") the turning is at least as
sweet as an imperfectly waxed alpine ski, with very little scale buzz
while cruisin'- close enough to heaven that only theologians will make
the distinction.

Before skiing firn & windslab on Hillman's on the shapely-but-skinny
Fischer Rebound I might have agreed with you, but if there is a no-wax
ski not to hate, it's these! They went out of their way to engineer
something that wasn't a drag on turns, and they've definitely made some
progress there.  Denis is probably going to drive a 20 penny nail into
the foam heart of his Trak Bushwhackers once he scores some Fischer
Boundless!

dana

_____________ ________ __
__( Tele till you drop