----- Original Message -----
From: "Tim Watson" <[log in to unmask]>

> Do most listees use the swaps just for finding good deals (and/or
kids skis for those with kids) or for finding you main pair of
> skis for the year ?

I can't speak for "most", but I certainly do.

> Is there anything at mosts swaps that can be considered for weekly
use or is it mostly parc ?

It is mostly parc with a few gems hidden here and there.

> Are getting used demo skis a good idea at all ?

If they haven't been trashed, sure!

> Or is it just best to find a new pair at some closeout somewhere.

That works too.  The key for me seems to be becoming familiar with the
major manufacturers major product lines from the last 3 or so seasons.
Know what class of ski you want before you get there, and which models
in the mfgrs lines were close matches to that.