> "Few questions if you folks don't mind. I'm not too knowledgable in the area
> of skis and need some new ones this year and don't quite
> no where to start."
>
> You should start by trying to evaluate what your needs are. What type of
> skier are you? How often do you go? Are you on a budget?

I'm pretty decent and getting better. I'm a mainly ungroomed person and go about 2 times a week. Unfortunatly a budget is in place,
but I'm realalistic.

> As for my main pairs of ski. To me there is nothing that come close to
> getting on a brand new ski. Bear in mind that sometimes the only change in a
> ski from one year to the next is the graphics so buying a last years model
> can be a great deal. You can do that at any ski shop and get the same kind
> of price that you would see at a ski swap.

Figured that much. To they tend to "hide" the older models ?

> "I'm not really that picky, and not really at the point where I would be
> dissapointed in what I'm skiing on."
>
> Don't sell yourself short. The right equipment no matter what your level is
> can make a HUGE difference.

What I was trying to get at is that I've never skied a bunch of different skis, so don't really know the difference between them. So
ignorance being bliss, for now anything I get will probably better then what I have, and for now that will make me happy, and I'm
fine with that ;)

TimW