-----Original Message-----
From: Vermont Skiing Discussion and Snow Reports
[mailto:[log in to unmask]]On Behalf Of Evan Osler
Sent: Monday, September 16, 2002 10:21 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [SKIVT-L] best ski flick ever

Hands down, my favorite is a rarity... Scott Gaffney's Walls of Freedom
(1994). Where else do you get to see McConkey and Gaffney hucking huge
backflips on straight skis, and some of the best powder footage potentially
ever recorded ("this is Squaw Valley with 24" of new snow, on top of 19" the
night before that, on top of 8" before that, on top of 21" the night before
that, on top of 13" before that... deep, light, and an absolute utopia").
Maybe the best ski flick line ever uttered IMHO. While the movie has a very
home-made feel to it, it explores many pertinent issues, mainly:

- un-glorious ski days, getting lost, getting rained on, etc. are an
integral part of the experience.
- despite what Freeze magazine may have you believe, their really are 10
guys to every girl in a real ski town.
- epic, once-in-a-lifetime winters are never ever to be taken for granted
(1993-1994 el nino in CA).
- skiing naked alone in the backcountry is perfectly acceptable.

Am I missing anything?