Bruno deBiasi [[log in to unmask]] writes:

>What did we collectively do to piss off Joey Tucks? I conveniently
>forget.

We busted him on the "facts, ma'am" on a SKI-mag article with his byline
last spring describing Tuckerman as "no steeper than upper Starr" and
some other less-than accurate descriptors.  For my own part, I got into
it before getting to read it in full context, but found some of the
lines clipped & posted here to be pretty out there.

When Joe backchanneled me a draft of the article, it seemed somewhat
less ridiculous, but it was hard to tell if he was promoting the place
and sucking in the unwary with some descriptions, or trying to convince
people that it was more trouble than it was worth to go skiing there.
But between me and a half-dozen others slamming his descriptions, he
pretty much ducked outta here for good.

Too bad too- he seems to be the lone voice in the wilderness at SKI-mag
discussing anything other than commercial lift-served skiing.  I rather
enjoyed his article about the Catamount Trail.

dana

_____________ ________ __
__( Tele till you drop