> From: Salts, Peter [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
> What is the difference in skis and their construction between tele and
> bondage skis? Is there any difference other than marketing
> and maybe price?

Sort of following up on Dennis's answer...

The distinction becomes larger the more touring oriented
the rig gets.  Some of the features that you may (or may
not) see on touring oriented tele skis include:
+ Narrower profile (as in skinny skis)
+ Double camber
+ Light or ridiculously light construction
+ No-wax patterns

For ex, I have a pair of skis with dimensions along
the lines of 72-56-63 (approx) that originally were
no-wax.  Pretty tough to find an alpine equiv to that
ski.