Anyone try the Beta TM 24?

Coulior voted it the best eastern hardpack ski...however it says that they
are big skis that must be worked...not sure if that would be a bad thing
for an intermediate telemarker like myself.

I ski on a 180cm K2 right now, but was thinking of going down to the 170cm
for this ski.

I found a deal on the web for this ski for under $300.

Whattya think?

or should I just cheap out and buy a bargain alpine ski at the ski swap?