If I remember correctly, the night before they will post a message on the resort phone line that they are anticipating a foot of snow and that they will be open... Sounds like a perfect excuse to be
<cough-cough> sick the next morning from work...

I sent an email to the Plattekill people yesterday asking if they will still be doing the Powder Daize this year since it looks like the T Bar may not be running with the installation of the new
chairlift.  I'll keep you posted..

Will

=-=-=-=
At what time do they post or know if they will be open the next day?  Is it
a call they make in the evening or at 6am the next day
-==-=-=-

>PS. Plattekill is open only on weekends and holidays, except on weekdays
when they receive at least a foot of snow.  On these "Powder Daize" they
spin the T-bar for the day, and charge $20. :)