Brian,

We've already done a fair amount of sharing and swapping.  This summer we
also worked on conforming to the State's data specs.  Some of what is going
around is proprietary and is covered under special arrangements with the
schools: Richard Smith's SPEDDoC, my school nurse, etc.  Others, such as
Roger Crowley's report cards, John McSweeney's student management system, Bob
Owens' student profiles, Bill Kimball's staff development and student records
and Barre's student data profiles are quite highly developed and complex and
are probably not the best thing to simply share without the opportunity to
sit down and talk to the developers and users.  Forgive me, any of you named
in the paragraph above if I've misrepresented you or your position.

I think Brian's question is one reason why we need to keep the ball rolling
that we nudged into motion this summer with more sharing and common work.
Remember the idea of a FileMaker Pro User Group?  If there are enough people
interested, I'd be willing to host a meeting here in Barre.  It could be a
pizza kind of event but with some technology at hand for demoing and checking
out folks' databases.

Tommy Walz
Technology Coordinator
Barre Supervisory Union #61