Several years ago the VITA-Learn Board (28 members), the majority of which
were school or district technology coordinators, was asked by the Department
of Education if there was a need for any kind of certification for
coordinators or others who work in schools to implement educational
technology programs.

That VITA-Learn board responded by recommending two levels of endorsement -
Technology Coordinators and Technology Resource teachers (those who work at
the classroom level with teachers and/or students). Those recommendations
led to two draft endorsements (emphasize the word DRAFT) that have been
OK'ed by the Stte Standards Board to be brought to the field for comment.

I believe those draft endorsements will be part of a public comment process
that will take place some time late this fall or early in the winter.

When the comment process is opened I will be sure to announce it via this
list so people can voice their constructive comments to influence the
endorsement process.

Thanks,

Bill Romond

Educational Technology Coordinator