Brian,

I agree with you about the Ed. Dept.  And, really, I basically agree
with you about licensing techies in general.  It's just that I see the
handwriting on the wall.

Actually, I'm counting on no one taking my suggestion of a professional
organization seriously.  (Luckily, people rarely take me seriously.)  It
would be a ship-load of work trying to get something like that up and
running.

Vince

Vince Rossano
Information Technology Director
Montpelier Public Schools
58 Barre Street
Montpelier, VT 05602

Voice: (802) 229-5355
Fax: (802) 223-6146
Email: [log in to unmask]

>>> [log in to unmask] 10/18/02 08:24AM >>>
I have been "following" this from a distant.

Why does the dept of ed need to license IT people?

I believe the local boards will hire and retain those that do the job
as
they (the board)define it.

brian

North Country Union High School