>shortly), the draft endorsements do NOT attempt to "license techies"
but are
>focused on the educational side of "educational technology", and there
is no
>test requirement.
Bill,

Let me be sure I understand:  the Ed. Dept. is NOT intending to attempt
to license people like me who are not directly involved with student
education?   If so, hallelujah!  Forget anything I said about
professional certification.  Forget the handwriting I thought I saw on
the wall (my eyesight is getting so bad).  If it's not going to be
forced on us, I'm with Brian Hampton and others who say (more or less):
"let the local institution hire the personnel it feels it needs to do
the job it wants done."

Vince

Vince Rossano
Information Technology Director