Alan,

The Colchester School District uses CyberPatrol in conjunction with
Novell's Border Manager.  Since we have a Novell network, this seemed
like a good solution for us.

We have found that we are able to tweak CyberPatrol to meet our needs.
When we first installed the program, it was blocking too many things.
We were able to get things to the point where we hardly ever notice that
it is there.

I am at a loss to suggest what might be done for filtering a few
computers.  However, the CyberPatrol contact is Doug Haddad 800
828-2608.

Keep us posted as to what you end up with.

Roger Moyer

>>> [log in to unmask] 10/01/02 08:02AM >>>

  I provide technology support for the Community High School of Vermont
which operates within the Vermont Department of Corrections.  Our
existing student/classroom set up is computer labs on a local area
network with no Internet connections. We want to set up a pilot at one
of our community campuses in the Burlington area that with suitable
filtering and restrictions will allow students access the internet.  I
have no direct experience with setting up such a connection and would
appreciate input from other technologists on the current best practices
for controlling internet access security. My email is