Ditto on Waitsfield Champlain Valley Telecom 1-800-496-3391.  If you are
in their territory, I recommend them.  For $90/month you may be able to
get ADSL at 768mbs download and 384mbs upload, and that is for both the
circuit (telephone line) and the ISP.  We are working towards
integrating some of our smaller schools into our WAN via VPN on ADSL for
the purposes of internal email, file exchanges and technical support,
rather than leasing expensive T1 lines.
    Also, the main trunk for our WAN is SDSL 1.5mb at $1200/month for
the circuit and ISP.  WCVT is a small telephone company and you can
easily work with people on a first name basis.  Has anyone used Verizon
DSL for service, if it is available yet?

Steve Jarrett
District Technology Coordinator
Mount Mansfield Union School District
Chittenden East Supervisory Union
(802) 899 - 3711
>>> [log in to unmask] 10/21/02 15:27 PM >>>
The Warren School recently switched from K12 net ($5000 for a 56k line)
our local provider (Green Mt Access @ Waitsfield Telecom) ($1500 for a
DSL
line), got our own url through Verisign, and couldn't be more pleased.
Staff members have to buy their own access, it's true, but GMAVT offers
them
a reasonable $15/month plan with dial-in access from home, and they can
access their warrenschool.org email via the web if they already have
access
at home...

on 10/21/02 1:58 PM, Bryan Thompson at [log in to unmask]
wrote:

> Winooski School District uses GovNet for our Internet Provider but we
> have our own in-house e-mail server using Eudora mail server for
> macintosh. We continue to use GovNet as they offer *free* dial-up
> accounts for all our staff. I'm not sure if anyone is still reading
> this thread but besides FirstClass, is there a mail server program
> that easily allows web mail access?
>
> - Bryan
>
>> Looking at the email addresses in this group, many school districts
>> such as U32, Hinesburg, Burlington, etc. have moved to email systems
>> other than Govnet for staff email.  We have had very poor success
with
>> getting
>> our staff to work with Govnet email due to the lack of Web based
Email.
>> The secondary possibilities such as Eudoramail on the web that allow
POP