[log in to unmask] writes:
>At the South Burlington H.S. Pizza conference this spring, Fred
>mentioned system policies as a way of securing PCs on a network from
>unwanted changes by students and indicated that he had prepared a
>presentation on this at a previous yearís conference.
>Fred, Iím hoping youíll share your skill with this with the whole list.
>Maybe the rest of you folks are more knowledgeable than myself, but Iím
>guessing there are a few others out there who would find this
>information quite useful.  But feel free to reply to me directly if you
>prefer.  And anyone else with suggestions, Iíd love to hear those as
>well.

To Lisa Wright Garcia & any others who have an interest,

I have attached the powerpoint presentation from a couple of year's ago.
(I can't believe that you recalled that after this period of time, my
memory cells don't work that well!).
Additionally, I have attached the .adm files that I think might be of
interest to you.  The ones with custom in the name are ones that will
allow you to do things such as restrict internet downloads, prohibit
viewing of hidden or system files, etc, etc.  The windows.adm is the one
that you can use to restrict access to the display properties.

Hopefully the powerpoint presentation will answer most of your questions
and allow you to get off on the right foot.  However, if you have any
questions, please feel free to contact me.

Fred Wadlington, Systems Administrator
Milton Town School District
(802) 893-3215 x114