[log in to unmask] writes:
>I understand about registering domains and setting up POP and SMTP
>stuff, so I feel we would not have a lot of admin. work once set up.
>
>I'm trying to help our administration with perspectives on this.
>
>Any suggestions or pointers on this subject would be appreciat

Having administered a FirstClass collaborative messaging system for years
in Middlebury, and now examining the possibilities of using this software
throughout CSSU, I would highly recommend it.  It is straightforward to
set up, cross-platform, the user experience is intuitive, has
client/pop/web access, and a host of other features.  It is also
"user-centric" as opposed to "mail-centric" offering threaded discussion,
group calendaring, real-time chat, and web publishing.  To me, it's truly
a "smart desktop".

http://www.centrinity.com

....Gregg

Gregg Martin