Alan,

The Colchester School District uses CyberPatrol in conjunction with Novell's Border Manager.  Since we have a Novell network, this seemed like a good solution for us.

We have found that we are able to tweak CyberPatrol to meet our needs.  When we first installed the program, it was blocking too many things.  We were able to get things to the point where we hardly ever notice that it is there.

I am at a loss to suggest what might be done for filtering a few computers.  However, the CyberPatrol contact is Doug Haddad 800 828-2608.

Keep us posted as to what you end up with.

Roger Moyer

>>> [log in to unmask] 10/01/02 08:02AM >>>

I provide technology support for the Community High School of Vermont which operates within the Vermont Department of Corrections.  Our existing student/classroom set up is computer labs on a local area network with no Internet connections. We want to set up a pilot at one of our community campuses in the Burlington area that with suitable filtering and restrictions will allow students access the internet.  I have no direct experience with setting up such a connection and would appreciate input from other technologists on the current best practices for controlling internet access security.

My email is [log in to unmask].