Recently from the BV web site

"The Bolton Valley Resort is now under the ownership of "Mountain
Operations and Development", a corporation owned by Bob Fries, former
president of Stratton Resort.  The ski area will continue to be known
as "Bolton Valley Resort".

Crews have been busy for the last month getting ready for a ski season
opening on November 29th - Friday of Thanksgiving weekend.  Several
dustings of show already have increased the pressure to have all operations
in a winter mode.

Season tickets prices are now $299 for adults, $199 for ages 13-17 and full-
time college students, $149 for children 7-12, and $99 for seniors 70 and
over.  These prices will be good until November 15, 2002.

The focus of Bolton Valley will continue to be "affordable family skiing
and riding".  Cleanliness, customer service, and fun will be the hallmark
of the Bolton experience this winter."

The Thanksgiving date sound a bit unrealistic, but more power to 'em.
Can't beat the SP prices, I suppose.  The holding company's name is a bit
unimaginative, but so what?  Still need to keep the October streak alive,
so I'm sure I'll be up there on 4 inches of dust on grass in the next week
or so...

-Jim B.