On Mon, 21 Oct 2002, Jeremy Malczyk wrote:

> On Mon, 21 Oct 2002, matthew h. kulas wrote:
> > Do not listen to Ben K., he cannot even skin up the M*** Slide or the

Was M*** Slide the one we hit up for the Haute Route reconaissance night
trip?

> Also, keep in mind that TEO forked out more money on his Ascensions that
> he's probably spent on food in the last 2 months. This, of course, proves
> that they are the best.

Yeah, think of all the yabmob erihpas nig he coulda (woulda) bought
instead!

> IMO, even crappy glue works OK if you skin carefully and warm the glue up
> a bit by storing them under your clothes while skiing. And if you have a
> tail kit, it's a non-issue.

Counterpoint: with good glue you don't have to be careful, and unforseen
circumstances (like the ice over mansfield resevoir giving way, soaking
your skins, etc.) are less serious.  But again it all comes down to having
a tail kit.  The proof is the Ben Franklin i gave for mine.

El Scorpion.

ps Jerm, wanna meet at Jay Peak for some natural powpow?  They must've
gotten a foot and a half if Camel's Ssa and Mansfield got a dusting.  My
roomie says if I drive straight through I can get to the East cCoast in 44
hr.s.  I'm leaving in 30min.  I'll call when I hit Abilene to arrange
details.