I am in on this one. The stone hut has been completely refurbished since I stayed there a few years ago. New floor joists, floor insulation, and wood stove setup. It can sleep 8-10 I would guess. The quad brings your stuff up and you for 14 bucks (4 years ago anyway)so it is cushy cushy cushy! A bit more plush than camp "Gomes-a-Lot" (although that has been buffed up since Dan stayed there!)
The Octagon is left open all night, so heated bathrooms are available...in the a.m., ski the Bruce, or an easy skin over to the Chin and do Profanity,or throw yourself off the Underhill side...
One thing-I will try for a thursday night if two or three people will BC me they want to be in on it. I think we can get a weekday easier (I have Fridays off). I know a few have joined Wes and Rogie and I for Friday ski club, so this could be another version of that now venerable institution. If I don't hear anything, I will try for a weekend night...

Jim Clapp wrote:

> I am interested. What do I do to help?

Vermont State Parks takes reservation requests that are postmarked up to
10/23. They give preference to requests for the most nights, then break ties
with a lottery.

Cost is $109/night, tax included. How many does the hut sleep? I don't know.

Here's my suggestion, a two-part plan:

1) Without getting into the fine details of what date works best for whom, I
think listers who are interested should speak up and make some kind of good
faith pledge to pay for a part of the stay -- whether they end up using
their nights or not. That way, individuals can go ahead and try for a
reservation without fear of ending up hundred$ in the hole.

2) Everyone who is interested should try to make their own reservation.
Last year, a lot of listers trid--I think for 3 nights each--and nobody was
accepted. If there's sufficient interest (and day-skiers should consider
contributing, too, just for the pleasure of a private mountain-top lodge)
then maybe we could improve our shot by trying for 4 nights.

To request a reservation form, call 802/241-3655 or 802/476-0170 before
10/19.

--tn