802-899-4690 (Voice)
802-899-2904 (Fax)
[log in to unmask] (e-mail)

>>> [log in to unmask] 11/18/02 09:29PM >>>
Dave,

I will look forward to using it.

Thanks again.

Jack W. Barnes, CNE
Network Manager
Shelburne Community School
802-383-1118
>>> [log in to unmask] 11/18/02 21:27 PM >>>
Jack,
I was thinking about the web site idea. I will creat an area on the Mt
Mansfield web site and post the url to the list.
Dave
David Tisdell. Computer Coordinator
Mt. Mansfield Union High School
211 Browns Trace
Jericho, VT 05661
802-899-4690 (Voice)
802-899-2904 (Fax)
[log in to unmask] (e-mail)
>>> [log in to unmask] 11/18/02 14:34 PM >>>
Dave,

I think putting out the tips is a great idea.  I would find it helpful
if you could also post them to a website.  I am working on other
projects but I expect that Linux will be in my future again and it
would
be nice to have access to the tips at that point.

Thanks again.

Jack W. Barnes, CNE
Network Manager
Shelburne Community School
802-383-1118

>>> [log in to unmask] 11/17/02 08:47PM >>>
Hi all,
Several people spoke with me about running Filemaker on Linux at
Vtfest.
Here are a few tips.
1) Using Linux, FileMaker is only certified to run on Red Hat using
Intel architecture.
2) The filemaker database files are put in a subdirectory of  /var.
When
creating your partitions, it would be a good idea to put /var in its
own
partition rather than as a directory on the / partition (/ = root, not
to be confused with the superuser account or /root which is the
superuser home directory).
3) If you have multiple drives, you can create an array in software
using Disk Druid during the initial install of the OS.

Many times, I find that after going to a presentation,  I find myself
wanting more. Now that I have been a presenter, I feel like I should
do
something to help people get going. Unless folks have an objection, I
think I will put out some Linux tips about once a week for a little
while. Let me know if they are helpful.