Except for the fact that openoffice doesn't have much that comes with it
in the way of templates, I think it is a fine program. If templates are
a concern, you could use staroffice. Sun microsystems lets you license a
building for $25.00. The advantage openoffice will have when the Mac OS
X port is complete, is that it will be the only office suite that runs
on Windows, Linux/Unix, and Macs (if you run OS X).
Dave

David Tisdell. Computer Coordinator
Mt. Mansfield Union High School
211 Browns Trace
Jericho, VT 05661
802-899-4690 (Voice)
802-899-2904 (Fax)
[log in to unmask] (e-mail)

[log in to unmask] writes:
>GIMP is a great program.  It's awesome that it's being ported to
>windows!  OpenOffice however still has a way to go.

Paul,

I am interested in knowing more about your opinion regarding
OpenOffice.
One of the network admins here recently suggested migrating his entire
school from Microsoft to OpenOffice.  You say it still has a way to
go.
I've never used it.  Can you summarize the problems, as you see them,
with
adopting it?

Thanks very much...

....Gregg