[log in to unmask] writes:
>Lauren, Thanks for taking the time to figure this out!
>I'll take a closer look at 1st Class and see if the cost / benefit
>works out.  I expect it will also have the property that
>"We don't have that now so why do we need it?" Kind of
>like staff email 5 or so years ago...
>
>Regards,  Terry   ...In The Woods In Vermont

We use FirstClass for e-mail, school news areas and communications
including calendars, collaborative work areas for committees, SPED,
adminstrators, tech folks, to name a few and for web services which are
distributed and maintained by a wide range of users from their FirstClass
desktops.  FirstClass can also provide file services right from the user
desktop.  All these services are available from anywhere via web or
client, PC, Mac or OS X.  I think $4 a year per user for this range of
integrated cross-platform services is a pretty good value.  If you only
use it for e-mail you aren't getting your money's worth.

Our region is experimenting with a new add-on product called etc® that is
an online learning management system. ETC automates the creation of the
FirstClass structures needed for an online course - rosters, assignments,
gradebook, chat area, instructor mailboxes, surveys, assessments and so
on.  It uses FileMaker Pro to manage the data necessary to generate the
structures, manage student records....we are just getting started with
this .