"Iraq's nuclear non-capability"
Printed on Thursday, November 21, 2002 @ 01:11:42 EST
http://www.yellowtimes.org/article.php?sid=874

By Imad Khadduri
YellowTimes.org Guest Columnist (Canada)

(YellowTimes.org) - As the war storm against Iraq swirls and gathers
momentum, seeded by the efforts of the American and British
governments, serious doubts arise as to the credibility of their
intelligence sources, particularly the issue of Iraq's nuclear
capability. It has been often noted that reliable intelligence on this
matter is not immediately forthcoming. Moreover, such intelligence as
has been presented is spurious and often contradictory. Perhaps it is
not too late to rectify this misinformation campaign.

I worked with the Iraqi nuclear program from 1968 until my departure
from Iraq in late 1998. Having been closely involved in most of the
major nuclear activities of that program, from the Russian research
reactor in the late sixties, to the French research reactors in the
late seventies, the Russian nuclear power program in the early
eighties, the nuclear weapons program during the eighties and finally
the confrontations with U.N. inspection teams in the nineties, it
behooves me to admit that I find present allegations about Iraq's
nuclear capability, as continuously advanced by the Americans and the
British, to be ridiculous.

Full article: http://www.yellowtimes.org/article.php?sid=874

[Imad Khadduri has a MSc in Physics from the University of Michigan
(United States) and a PhD in Nuclear Reactor Technology from the
University of Birmingham (United Kingdom). Khadduri worked with the
Iraqi Atomic Energy Commission from 1968 till 1998. He was able to
leave Iraq in late 1998 with his family. He now teaches and works as a
network administrator in Toronto, Canada.]