From: "Josť F. Morales" [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Tuesday, November 12, 2002 11:54 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: social analysis of evolutionary psych

OK, so I got a question.  Lets assume that the various forms of
reductionism, biological determinism with their attendant political
economic underpinnings of evolutionary psychology are in play.  Lets
assume its part of the continuum from sociobiology etc.  Lets assume
all that's true.

Lets also assume that human beings are biological entities.  As such
they possess a multi-leveled biological structure, one of the layers
of which are cells which contain a genome.

My question is ...What is the role of biology in human behavior from
a progressive perspective?
Presumably, there is one.  I would hope that we can do better than
just saying its complex and we can't say much about it now.  I would
like to believe that progressives can do more than just complain
about other peoples activities.  What is our, presumably, "better"
perspective?  Can we do this?

If not, it seems to me that we are relegated to reacting to the
rights initiative.  In the greater struggle for liberation,
especially on the theoretical-ideological -level, ONLY responding to
the rights initiatives seems to me to be a losing strategy.

How 'bout it?

Jose

--
Jose Morales Ph.D.