Just an interesting note- a few years back I was a "multimodality tech"- CNMT, RDMS, RVT working in MRI.  When I wanted to sit for the ARRT MRI boards, I was denied- my credentials weren't recognized by the ARRT!  But if I had taken the ARRT Nuc Med boards when I graduated from college (I had opted to take the more recognized, more difficult NMTCB boards) I would have been allowed to sit for the MRI boards no questions asked.  I found it ironic also that the xray tech that I trained in MRI passed those boards easily.  The ARRT may be the "gold standard" credential for xray, but as far as any other modalities are concerned, forget it!
-----Original Message-----
From: Douglas Marcum [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Friday, November 01, 2002 1:08 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: ARRT- VS

I agree with Johns statement in regards to ARDMS vs. ARRT, etc.  The gold standard is my comment and in no way am I implying that the ARDMS takes this stand (as the "gold standard")  I guess being a purist as well, I am saddened every time I hear that same story in regards to the ARRT boards being much "easier" than the ARDMS.

Im finished........

DougE

Doug Marcum BA,RT,RDMS,RDCS,RVT (APS)
Hemodynamix, Inc.