For increased clarity and consistency, UVM is adopting a new electronic
mail address standard. Many of you have already been using the standard,
which is based on our full names and is articulated as
[log in to unmask] (for example, [log in to unmask]).

We encourage you to convert to the new standard by July 1. On or before
that date, the word "zoo" will be automatically dropped from email
addresses. Removal of "zoo" affects your email address only; for other
purposes, the Zoo cluster and accounts will be unaffected. Be aware that
for incoming email, your current email address will continue to work, so
you need not notify all of your correspondents of the change.

We also encourage you to reflect the new email address format on
business cards and stationery when you reorder those items.

Instructions for conversion can be found at the following Web site:
http://www.uvm.edu/cit/email/

For additional information, please see:
http://www.uvm.edu/cit/email/?Page=New_Email_Address_Standard.html

If you have questions or concerns not covered in the Web pages above,
please email them to: [log in to unmask]

Thank you for your cooperation.

Mara R. Saule
Dean
University Libraries and Information Technology
113 Bailey/Howe Library
University of Vermont
Burlington, VT 05405

Phone: 802-656-2020