It's wonderful to have such meticulous migratory observations over time.
I returned this weekend from 10 days on the gulf shores of Florida,
having gone the same week for the last 5 years to bird, only to find
this year virtually no bird activity. According to one of the most
knowledgeable birders at Ding Darling Refuge, all migratory birds are
apparently "stacked up"(her phrase) somewhere, perhaps in Georgia. This
was the week shore birds usually arrive en masse, but  it's the first
year there have been no red knots sighted et at the Sanibel Island
lighthouse, few hawks, no herring or ring billed gulls, etc. Volunteers
have reduced their banding activity as there's nothing to band. Theories
abound: it's been exceptionally warm; rainfall this summer has been
heavy; it's "just like summer" (i.e. temps in the 90's), West Nile, etc.
From what I gather from the S.W. Florida Audubon web "list" there's not
nearly as much sharing of reports and observations as we are used to in
VT. and I wonder who's tracking where the  birds are in their southern
voyage??Anyhow, thanks to all the dedicated volunteers like Roy who
record & share their data and ponder their meaning!! Nancy Goodrich in
Burlington