You may have gotten lucky, or you may just have wood skis with a good
solid metal plate in them. Myself and many others have ripped the stock SL
from skis. If you ski with the guides in the first position, it isnt as
much of a problem, but with them in the rear position and a stiff boot it
levers the back holes out pretty bad. It was enough to pretty much hollow
out my foam core Olins and led to their breakage. The main problem is that
it's a one-stage mount, so the screws are really long and there's more
leverage yanking them back and forth until it finally fails. If you could
mount them without the lifter, it probably would be fine, but the lip on
the back prevents that.

But that's not my only gripe with them. I also ripped the guides out, and
replacing the flathead screws that hold them in was a major PITA.
I've found that adjusting cable length in anything but ideal
conditions can be impossible (the plastic gear gets chewed really
easily), and the shae of the toe bar cuts my boots. Bottom line, I'm done
with the Superloop.

Jerm